Industry or Indie?
It’s never too early or late for aspiring writers to consider how to get their work out there.
This workshop will explore the promise and perils of different publishing pathways; traditional publishing, vanity press and self-publishing or “indie publishing”.
We’ll answer such questions as:
- Who are the major publishers and are they interested in me?
- What is an Agent and do I need one?
- How do I present my manuscript?
- I’ve got my advance, I’m going on a cruise. Right?
- Is “vanity press” always the villain?
- Self-publishing an e-book: how hard can it be?
- Self-publishing a paperback: how costly will it be?
- I’m published: can I quit the day job?
The presenter, Margaret Penhall-Jones is a local writer and editor.